Area Manager - Days & Nights AvailableApply Job ID R53191 Date posted 05/04/2021
Talented, proven leaders needed for 1st & 2nd shift
Sun-Wed OR Wed-Sat
Job Description Details
As the world's leading video and ecommerce retailer, QVC has a history of growth and success that goes unmatched. QVC is part of Qurate Retail Group and believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- for customers who crave engaging shopping experiences. As a $14B business, we reach over 370M homes worldwide, with 2.2B visits to 13 websites. Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. Our technology teams are constantly innovating. From designing apps to creating entirely new platforms, technology is at the core of all that we do.
The leader’s responsibility exists for managing and leading the tactical and strategic functionality of their functional department. Under the direction of the Operations Leader, the Supervisor has core responsibilities to develop, implement and assure that all objectives meet or exceed expectations.
Who We Are
The Leader is responsible for the development and training of their teams of exempt and non-exempt employees in meeting their functional departmental goals and objectives related to culture, costs, service cycle time, and quality. Cultural goals will be accomplished in the development of an engaged and safe workforce through the successful application and practice of Qurate Leadership Competency Model. Quality goals are achieved through effectively executing the department’s standard operating procedures, processes, and methods. Supervises Returns department, partnering as necessary with other departments. Monitored and controlled, prioritizes, assigns, and reviews work to maintain departmental efficiency and meet productivity, volume and quality goals.
- Area Managers & their team of warehouse associates are responsible for getting customers their orders.
- They develop and administer operational procedures for perfectly executing activities for incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of products, and keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy.
- Leads Operation teams to support the high level of location accuracy, by achieving and implementing sound operating processes and procedures.
- Networks and consults with corporate / site resources and facilities staff to ensure low-cost efficiencies and high service levels are consistently maintained.
- Ensure consistency and compliance with departmental and company policies.
- Builds a positive, motivating, engaged Culture by modeling Qurate Values and operating principles, ensuring all employees are treated consistently, fairly, ethically and respectfully. Exemplify strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Leads the team in creating an atmosphere that enables the dialog and commitments that promote a continuous improvement mindset and has a favorable impact on the effectiveness and efficiency of the site through accuracy measurements.
- Foster a sense of teamwork and collaboration with the operational stakeholders to maximize results performance.
- Reviews existing operations to determine what improvements can be made to department, which allow for cost reduction, increased speed, and improved customer service. Supports our commitment to customer service in the performance of all job duties. Provides leadership and displays enthusiastic commitment to behaviors and values consistent with QVC values. Creates a positive, motivating work climate. Models proactive employee relations.
- Supervises day-to-day operations for assigned area, partnering as necessary with other departments. Circulates around area, prioritizes, assigns and reviews work to maintain departmental efficiency and meet productivity, volume and quality goals.
- Creates and maintains a clean, safe working environment.
- Ensures both consistency of and compliance with company and departmental policies/procedures and performance standards. Implements operational plans to achieve designated objectives, established performance goals and quality standards.
- Identifies, reports and communicates to the Department Manager trends and/or irregularities. Takes a proactive approach to analyzing deficiencies and develops plans to correct. Recommends and implements solutions by involving team in problem solving to obtain the best results.
- Works cooperatively, utilizing a team approach to achieve performance goals established.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Distribution, Logistics or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated Leadership/Supervisory experience, preferably in a high volume distribution center or warehouse environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven track record of fostering a positive work environment and partnering with employees to promote positive employee relations
Qurate Retail Group supports the growth and career progression of internal employees. As our organization continues to expand, QRG will support relocation for designated positions and company-initiated assignments. Other support may be offered at the hiring manager’s discretion. To determine if relocation assistance is available, please review the position posting details.
About Qurate Retail Group
Qurate Retail Group comprises seven leading retail brands — QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, and Grandin Road — all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations. Qurate Retail Group is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). Qurate Retail Group combines the best of retail, media and social to curate products, experiences, conversations and communities for millions of highly discerning shoppers -- bringing joy, inspiration and humanity to shopping. Qurate Retail Group also curates large audiences, across multiple platforms, for thousands of brand vendors. Headquartered in West Chester, Pa., Qurate Retail Group has 27,000 team members in the U.S., the U.K., Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland and China. For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) includes the Qurate Retail Group portfolio of brands as well as other minority investments.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.