Cloud Architect - AzureApply Job ID R51485 Date posted 04/09/2021
Job Description Details
Qurate Retail Group (QRG) is searching for a Cloud Architect who will bring a strong technical and leadership mindset to participate in and develop all engineering aspects of QRG Cloud Strategy. This Architect will have a broad range of Cloud Engineering knowledge in global enterprise IT systems along with a strong emphasis on collaboration and coordination which is critical for this position. The successful candidate will possess the ability to effectively lead and influence others without direct managerial authority. This role will be a key participant in driving QVC’s cloud strategy towards next-generation architectures both on premise and in public cloud.
Who We Are
Be a part of delivering tomorrow’s innovations today! We are a leader in ecommerce technology solutions, from designing applications to creating entirely new platforms. Technology is at the core of all that we do. If you are energized by a dynamic engineering environment that encourages technical curiosity, collectivism, courage and a desire to grow professionally, then we want to talk to you!
- Research, design, and develop Public & Private Cloud Solutions, including impacts to enterprise architecture.
- Deliver Cloud Strategies enabling business transformations and workload migrations.
- Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into Azure.
- Be an expert in current industry abilities as well as consolidation, virtualization (systems, storage and networking), applications virtualization, and cloud design.
- Understand how an end-to-end vertical service stack can be transformed into a cloud or hybrid scenario, with a very broad and often deep understanding of technologies, technical constraints and capabilities.
- Lead cultural change for cloud adoption by nurturing Cloud expertise, including coaching, mentoring and socialization.
- Develop and coordinate cloud strategy and architecture, including requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications in a cost-effective manner.
- Participate in and/or lead the development of roadmaps related to Cloud and Data Center Strategy
- Participate in designing and implementing enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for Colocation/Hybrid Cloud computing.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of related experience with previous systems architecture and/or principal engineer experience.
- Azure based Cloud Architecture and migration skills and experience.
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, security, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Experience securely connecting public cloud resources with on-premises resources.
- Deep understanding of Azure Active Directory and ADFS
- Experience depicting complex technology architectures pictorially using tools like Visio, Draw.IO, LucidCharts, etc.
- Experience Designing Cloud foundation capabilities, shared services, associated guardrails and governance.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, immutable infrastructure, automation, and orchestration and other modern DevOps patterns.
- Proven ability to develop cloud operating frameworks and documentation.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Complete understanding of cloud financial management and cloud cost optimization strategies
- Architecture Design and implementation skills in the following areas: Cloud and Business Continuity, System Migrations, Data center consolidation and virtualization, VMware, Networks, Storage
- Strong familiarity of major operating systems and compute types: z/OS, AIX, Linux, Windows, Oracle, SQL Server to understand interoperability of applications vis-à-vis impacts and value over a phased cloud migration effort.
- Deep understanding of LAN/WAN networking, firewalls, load-balancers.
- Experience migrating complex applications and services to cloud environments using IaaS and PaaS infrastructure.
- Experience identifying and quantifying technology debt and its associated technical risk and advise on mitigation strategies.
- Experience with system development in cloud environments, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as Service (IaaS)
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.