Lead Data ScientistApply Job ID R53013 Date posted 05/03/2021
Job Description Details
Lead Data Scientist, Machine Learning
Zulily is always looking for outstanding technical talent, and our Data & Machine Learning team is looking for you. As Data Scientist you will contribute to the pursuit and impact of applied science at Zulily – from the creation of “surprise and delight” personalization experiences for our customers to search relevance and ranking, to ensuring cost-effective and on-time delivery through our supply chain and fulfillment centers. This is an opportunity to be part of an innovative, data-driven culture that is changing the way data and technology are used to shape eCommerce.
The Data & Machine Learning team is highly visible within the company, at the front line of many of our customers' experience. The team is currently working on exciting projects such as: extending search-based product browsing capability with NLP and deep learning, developing advanced, ML-driven personalization and product ranking experiences, integrating and extending our experimentation platform to enable dynamic learning feedback and contextual bandit optimization, developing an entity understanding and metrics framework to provide a fabric of reusable features for machine learning and doubling down on our marketing technology efforts.
As a LEAD data scientist, you will deliver end-to-end solutions based on machine learning, statistics, and data science, and own the technical approach, contributing as an individual and as a technical leader. You will work with key business stakeholders and product managers to crisply define business questions, success criteria, and deployment plans. You will use reproducible research techniques to create analytical data sets, conduct exploratory data analyses, select and engineer features, train, tune, and evaluate candidate models, distill and present findings, and create cloud-ready production and reference implementations. You will work with Data and Machine Learning engineers to operationalize implementations at scale and measure their performance and be a role model for the data science community at Zulily.
Experience we are looking for:
- 7+ years’ experience developing applied machine learning or data science capabilities in consumer-facing and/or enterprise applications
- You have independently prototyped, optimized, validated, managed, operated and updated machine learning and statistical models
- Demonstrable knowledge of principles and best practices in classical and Bayesian statistics and experimental design
- Strong communication skills including the ability to describe complex models and findings to different audiences and stakeholders, from deep science peers to business decision-makers
- Demonstrated exploratory analysis and visualization abilities in a non-academic setting
- Working knowledge of Python-based machine learning frameworks and the data and computation management mechanisms that surround them in a cloud setting (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience at the Linux command line and with shell scripting
- Strong bias for action and ability to pivot quickly and act with agility according to the needs of the business
- A strong sense of enjoyment, pride and ownership in work that is well-done
- Ability to establish solid relationships with stakeholders and teammates
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or a related technical discipline
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.