Maintenance Technician II (Wed-Sat, Nights)Apply Job ID R53855 Date posted 06/18/2021
A proven history working in a fast-paced environment with diverse material handling equipment is essential.
Job Description Details
- Building Maintenance – Perform general facility repairs such as minor plumbing, general electric, lighting, painting, and wall repair. Perform minor repairs on doors and dock plates to resolve problems and ensure successful operation. Communicate with all peers, customers, and management to accomplish assigned and critical tasks.
- Conveyor System Maintenance – Perform reactive repairs and preventative maintenance to maintain operation of conveyors and sorter equipment. Responsible for cleaning and lubricating machinery, performing basic diagnostic tests, checking performance, and testing damaged machine parts to determine whether major repairs are necessary; includes the assembly/disassembly of pneumatic sub-systems. Troubleshoot conveyor system controls and adjusts/calibrates or repairs as needed, both preventative and reactive. Work with vendor partners to determine the root cause of issues and appropriate corrections.
- Equipment Maintenance – Perform preventative maintenance to production-related equipment, Powered Industrial Trucks, and building equipment as needed. Maintain complete inventory and cleaning of all equipment and work areas.
- Electrical – Perform trouble-shooting and needed tasks involving low and high voltage electrical and control systems of 480 volt devices (AC and DC), including repair or replacement of system components.
- System Installation – Assist or perform installations of new or replacement facility equipment.
- Problem Solving – Uses problem solving skills and methodologies to resolve any issue as it relates to primary duties and responsibilities within the facility operation
- Facility Cleanliness / Safety – Ensure the primary work areas are left in an organized, neat and clean manner. Identify and act immediately regarding any safety hazards, spills, etc., to avoid the risk of accidents. Use safe lifting techniques and operates power equipment in a safe manner. Abide by all stated regulations while performing works, i.e., lockout/tagout procedures, etc. Communicate with all peers, customers, and management regarding safety issues and training requirements.
- Fabrication – Utilize materials and tools to create/repair custom equipment to support the operation (i.e., wood, metal, etc.).
- Record Keeping -- Perform necessary data entry (i.e., work order tracking/filing) and keep current tools and documents updated as necessary (i.e., Material Safety Data Sheets).
- Maintain records to ensure accountability of time, parts and repairs.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in plant maintenance or construction with a variety of trade experience
- Previous experience with and working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, including conveyor and related systems in a fast paced production environment
- Intermediate knowledge of PLC’s and sortation controls
- Ability to follow blueprints, technical manuals, and engineering specifications
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks independently or in a team environment
- Ability to learn new trades
- Possess a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to be on call, work days or nights, weekends and overtime if required
- Industrial mechanic trade school courses or certificate (i.e., electrical, controls)
- Working knowledge of standard building codes and safety regulations
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.