Manager Digital DesignApply Job ID R53772 Date posted 05/26/2021
Job Description Details
A role with Frontgate Creative means you’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team that supports marketing strategy, planning and execution of all brand creative efforts in every digital channel. As a Manager, Digital Design & , you are a highly experienced creative professional who will seamlessly collaborate with cross-functional and internal teams along with the Creative Director, managing the digital design team to deliver strategic, on-brand creative work across all channels that delivers measurable results.
You must have a strong ability as a leader to take a proactive, global approach to planning and execution of all digital projects. This includes conceptual execution alignment with development, photography planning, and management of a digital design system and ownership of all project processes. You will be expected multi-task to manage, grow and develop a small team while contributing hands-on to deliver cohesive branded campaigns across all digital channels to inspire our customer and tell our story. You must also be highly solution-focused, detail-oriented and adaptable in your approach to projects, feedback and business partner relationships. You take a strong merchandising slanted approach to creative—it’s your job to clearly communicate why our product is better to our customer. Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Study retail competitors and other sources of UX inspiration, leading the digital design team by example, citing references to influence new approaches to strategy, ux design and asset library approach
- Manage and lead design of digital products, features, and content across site, email, blog platform, and digital marketing, partnering with Digital Opps, Digital Merchandising, and CBI Product Management on evolution of digital products and features, merchandising to identify and support key products by season, and art direction team on photo execution
- Manage, inspire and coach the digital design team to foster growth and career path development
- Own, lead and manage all digital projects to synergize internal photo and copy teams to deliver at all execution milestones
- Own, lead and innovate dynamic workflow processes, maintaining quality while improving efficiency
- Use the power of education to persuade business partners and executive leadership to gain upstream alignment
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities as assigned.
- Extremely proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Knowledge of prototyping tools such as Sketch or Adobe Xd
- You have a solid understanding of typography, layout and design
- Strong project management skills and ability to work with cross functional partners
- Knowledge of current site/digital design standards including email and digital marketing channels (display, retargeting, personalization modules)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and experience working with developers
- Manage a team of digital designers
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in Visual, UI/UX, Web, Graphic Design or the equivalent
Minimum Experience: 4-6 years’ experience designing for website, email, mobile, tablet, and digital marketing programs
Preferred Experience: 5-7 years digital experience designing for website, email, mobile, tablet, and digital marketing programs at a lifestyle home furnishings ecommerce brand
Additional Essential Job Requirements
- Partner with Digital Opps, Digital Merchandising, Digital Marketing, and CBI Product Management to develop user experience roadmaps identifying new digital products and
- Partner with Digital Opps, Digital Merchandising, and CBI Product Management (as well as lead) qualitative user research effort such as prototype testing and independent as well as agency supported (RRD, UserTesting.com) user studies.
- Drive innovation across the customer’s digital experience (eg. website, digital marketing, email, mobile, tablet, and potentially an app) to create shopping experiences that will solve customers’ problems and drive higher engagement and conversion.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.