Merchandise Manager - ToysApply Job ID R52216 Date posted 04/09/2021
Job Description Details
A zulily Merchandise Manager (MM) is responsible for driving the merchandising strategies that support the company business initiatives. The MM is responsible for curating the event calendar, approving event financials, and developing overall merchandise strategies that will deliver new and exciting product at an incredible value to our members every day. The MM is responsible to teach, train and inspire their team. They are also responsible for taking an active role in the career development of their team. Fosters great cross divisional partnerships. The MM is responsible to meet/ exceed their financial goals by ensuring our vendors are delivering unique quality product, within our shipping timeframe, and fulfilling 100% of the product ordered.
Our ideal Merchandising Manager is a proven leader with a passion for the retail industry. They will be a self-starter, ambitious in nature, detail focused and eager to drive the business with strong networking skills. A MM will display strong time management and organizational skills and has the proven ability to negotiate and problem solve various situations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Financial responsibility by category. Delivery on financial goals and company metrics
- Manage, train and coach team to drive high performance
- Strategic planning and management- ensures product selection, inventory and events meet the financial goals per day, while delivering a great day
- Supports the buyers in strategic growth of vendors, helping to balance/curate their portfolio
- Coaches the team on brand management, event curation, and building a cohesive assortment that resonates with the zulily customer
- Develop seasonal event strategy
- Executes on creative merchandising strategy with the team
- Develop and implement best practices, guidelines and category strategies
- Aware of market place trends, new business and competitive landscape
- Ability to remain flexible and willing to change strategies as business needs dictate
- Collaborate with other category Merch Managers to ensure alignment in processes and strategic planning
- Responsible for leading and supporting a team of approximately 15-20 employees
- Would be required to drive their performance and ensure the teams meet their goals
- Required to develop, coach and mentor. Has an invested interest in their teams’ career growth
- Maintains regular 1:1 and skip levels with their team
- Active participants in driving company and Merchandising initiatives
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with cross-divisional leadership
- Actively demonstrates managerial courage, and is an advocate for their teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of work and experience
- Minimum 3-5 years Senior Manager or Director experience
- Proven record of coaching and developing a team
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of merchandising financials and the ability to manage profitability
- Proven track record of driving and achieving results through analyzing reports and drawing conclusions/ recommendations
- Strong networking skills/ability to form partnerships and create a collaborative environment
- Experience in hiring, training and managing a team of 15-20+ people preferred
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel a minimum of 20%
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.