Senior Data ScientistApply Job ID R52301 Date posted 04/11/2021
Job Description Details
The Sr. Data Scientist will use statistical and machine learning techniques to better understand how customers engage with Zulily’s web and mobile e-commerce platforms and use that information to better allocate Marketing resources at Zulily. You will be joining an existing team to work on topics right at the heart of Marketing’s mission:
- recommending the time, manner, and message for engaging with our customers,
- building solutions to optimize return on marketing spend,
- predicting the long-term value of new customers,
- creating insights to feed the development of personas,
- discovering meaningful trends within our customer base
For these projects and more, you’ll work with key stakeholders to crisply define business questions, success criteria, and deployment plans. You’ll use reproducible research techniques to create analytical data sets, conduct exploratory data analysis, select and engineer features, train, tune, and evaluate candidate models, distill and present findings, and create cloud-ready production and reference implementations.
We are looking for a data science professional who is eager to dive into big data to solve problems within a complex marketing machine using a wide range of modeling and quantitative techniques. We are looking for someone who is comfortable querying, cleansing, and processing data as well as building up stable operationalized solutions in a cloud-based environment. We are looking for a capable business professional who can produce practical solutions that their business stakeholders can put to use to drive results. We are looking for an innovative thinker who is excited to use data to tell the story of Zulily’s customer.
Essential Job Functions
- Build and deliver end-to-end solutions in a Marketing context based on machine learning, statistics, and data science.
- Work with key business stakeholders to crisply define business questions, success criteria, prioritization, expected impact, and deployment plans.
- Identify, track, and resolve data issues, working in partnership with Business Intelligence Engineers to ensure data is accurate, complete, delivered on-time and supports the needs of the business.
- Proven ability to prototype, optimize, validate, manage, operate, and update machine learning and statistical models
- Advanced degree (preferably PhD) or comparable research experience in a Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years relevant experience in data science, machine learning, statistics, or applied mathematics.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to describe complex models and findings to different audiences and stakeholders, from deep science peers to business decision-makers.
- Working knowledge of Python-based machine learning frameworks and the data and computation management mechanisms that surround them in a cloud setting (AWS, Google Cloud).
- Experience at the Linux command line and with shell scripting
- Strong bias for action and ability to pivot quickly and act with agility according to the needs of the business
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.