Senior Platform EngineerApply Job ID R53225 Date posted 05/07/2021
Job Description Details
In our continuous effort to building a world-class technology organization to support the Qurate IT platforms, we are looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to join our global platform engineering team. This is an exciting role for individuals who seek challenges in an agile, dynamic and fast paced environment.
Who We Are
As the world's leading video and ecommerce retailer, QVC has a history of growth and success that goes unmatched. QVC is part of Qurate Retail Group and believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- for customers who crave engaging shopping experiences. From designing apps to creating entirely new platforms, technology is at the core of all that we do.
This role provides a great opportunity to have direct impact on how Platform Engineering enables the business team to compete in an ever-changing retail landscape. Our platform engineers ensure systems are performing at optimum performance with a proactive hands-on approach to address issues through the application stack before they impact our customers both internally and externally. You will work closely with infrastructure, application and operations teams to apply Agile principles to research, design and implement cost-effective IT solutions that enable the business to achieve its objectives and grow.
You will also:
- Provide third level support and troubleshooting for issues escalated on installed technical solutions
- Implement recommendations to ensure optimal performance and reliability for mission critical and global enterprise systems
- Lead in the evaluation of new technologies relative to their domain(s) and makes strategic recommendations
- Work independently to design environments of increasing complexity and scope
- Possess strong understanding of Agile Methodology
- Possesses a good working knowledge of the different areas of the IT organization, where to refer typical requests and where to go for assistance
What You Bring
- 7+ years of related experience
- BS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of Azure administration and/or development experience
- Deep understanding of system performance and monitoring in hybrid environments
- Experience integrating middleware tools in Azure: IBM MQ, Tibco, Tomcat, and NGINX
- Must be highly proficient using the Azure CLI
- Strong Terraform and Ansible experience
- Experience in maintaining and supporting large-scale systems and application architectures
- Experience with various data technologies including relational and non-relational databases and message queues
- Experience with infrastructure configuration and automations processes and tools
- Experience of delivering business-driven projects in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment
- Demonstrate skills in priority setting, analysis, communication, time management, scheduling, and multitasking
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
Candidates who can demonstrate knowledge of any of the following are at an advantage:
- Linux operating system experience (Red Hat Preferred) and Unix scripting knowledge
- DevOps principles and common tools: Jenkins, Git, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Java and Python
- Understanding of the following tools: Dynatrace, Icinga2, Elastic Stack, ServiceNow, or Stone branch
- Experience working with other cloud providers such as AWS, Google
- Understanding of containers and container orchestration using Kubernetes
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.