Senior Software Development Engineer - AndroidApply Job ID R51963 Date posted 04/09/2021
Job Description Details
An awesome online shopping experience takes an awesome team. Join the Core Services Android team which is responsible for shared frameworks that multiple other teams utilize to power their experiences. In addition, this team owns shared customer capabilities such as Authentication/login, application navigation, client side caching, reusable display components, chat, among others!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you have deep technical experience but also love sharing your knowledge with more junior folks, and they seek your mentorship. You are passionate about the application of new and cool technologies to solve business problems, but you also recognize the importance of technical excellence and merciless elimination of technical debt.
What you will own, manage, and be accountable for:
- Collaborate across teams and business partners (stakeholders) including fellow Android engineers, Product Managers, & UX.
- You strive to make fellow developers as efficient as possible and have experience creating shared frameworks to accomplish this.
- You have a customer centric view point and seek out ways to make our customers lives better!
- You will assemble requirements, create software design, implement, test, and release and monitor new functionality.
- You utilize data to drive your decision making process and to showcase impact and success.
- 5+ years programming experience
- Proficient in Java
- Shipped at least one Android app
- Excellent software design and architecture skills with an eye toward extensibility and maintainability to avoid and reduce technical debt
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing and dynamic environment
- Track record of thinking system wide and translate business requirements into code
- Strong analytical skills with a data driven approach and ability to measure impact of project and product deliverables
- Willingness to explore new ideas and have a passion to make them happen
- Ability to influence and communicate with others
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field required. A combination of education plus equivalent work experience may be considered.
Ideal candidates will offer:
- History of creating client-side frameworks
- Track record of automated testing including accessibility
- Creating and hardening CI/CD pipelines
- Creating reusable design systems
- Experience with cloud deployments
- Prior experience in eCommerce
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.