Sr. Database Platform EngineerApply Job ID R50125 Date posted 04/27/2021
Job Description Details
This position has the potential to be remote form qualified states or a hybrid/varied model. Current Qualified States: Florida, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia
QVC is seeking an individual to perform database administration at the senior level. In this role you will work in all environments including performance tuning and capacity planning while acting in as leader within the team. You will collaborate with development teams supporting the application development lifecycle and/or the production support teams while ensuring system stability.
Who We Are
Be a part of delivering tomorrow’s innovations today! We are a leader in ecommerce technology solutions, from designing applications to creating entirely new platforms. Technology is at the core of all that we do. If you are energized by a dynamic engineering environment that encourages technical curiosity, collectivism, courage and a desire to grow professionally, then we want to talk to you!
- Manage all facets of the Oracle database system lifecycle
- Play an active technical role in the planning phase of new projects
- Identify and resolve database related issues, determining root cause
- Healthcheck Monitoring for Exadata Systems and Production Databases
- Oversee the coordination of patching cycles with DBA team members
- Coordinate implementation activities with other parts of the enterprise
- Mentor employees within the DBA group and other groups within IT, offering guidance and sharing technical knowledge
- Enforce database security policies and change management procedures
- Participate in the 24/7 on-call rotation
- Drive to improve and automate internal processes
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ experience with: Oracle Database Administration, PL/SQL, Backup and Recovery, and Performance Tuning
- Project Management / Team Lead experience
- Exadata Systems experience
- Configuration Management experience
- Database Security Administration experience
- RAC Administration experience
- Oracle Database version 12 C and later version of 19
- Scripting and automation experience (i.e., shell, python, ansible)
- PCI / SOX audit experience would be a plus
- Cloud Experience - Azure and Cloud
- NoSQL experience in 1 or more of Redis/Couchbase/Mongo would be a plus
About Qurate Retail Group
Qurate Retail Group comprises seven leading retail brands — QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, and Grandin Road — all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations. Qurate Retail Group is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). Qurate Retail Group combines the best of retail, media and social to curate products, experiences, conversations and communities for millions of highly discerning shoppers -- bringing joy, inspiration and humanity to shopping. Qurate Retail Group also curates large audiences, across multiple platforms, for thousands of brand vendors. Headquartered in West Chester, Pa., Qurate Retail Group has 27,000 team members in the U.S., the U.K., Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland and China. For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) includes the Qurate Retail Group portfolio of brands as well as other minority investments.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.